The entire DVIA staff has been busy planning, collaborating and getting ready for the upcoming school year. I can’t wait to see all of the old faces and meet the students and parents joining Core Two this year. There are a few things you might want to know about before the first day of school.
- Lunch is now going to be at 11:35. This means there will be a shorter morning break/snack in the morning and a longer break/ snack in the afternoon. The afternoons will be long. It would be a good idea to pack an afternoon snack every day.
- A school wide policy regarding birthdays this year asks that no food be sent to celebrate B-days.
There is an option for parents to come and read a book to the class on or near a student’s birthday, and we always sing a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday to celebrate birthdays. Please email me near your child’s birthday if you want to come in and read a book.
- Any families that are new to DVIA, or new to my class (incoming 1st graders), please meet with me after class on the first day of school so that I can go over a few things and answer any questions that you might have. We will meet in my space from 3:20- 4:15. If there are any returning families that feel like you need a Work Journal refresher, or have questions about classroom policies, please feel free to join us but you do not have to.
- Don’t forget to send your child with a water bottle every day.
- Robin and Patrick’s Really Big Dream-For the last three years Robin and I have been trying to improve Core Two’s eating area. You have noticed kids trying to eat at tables that are too big for them or crowed into the boat munching on food. We wanted to create a garden lunch room. Students eat at table surrounded by plants while butterflies fly by and share a laugh over a bag of Goldfish. It would be great not to have to spend so much of our classroom budget so early in the year. If you live near an Ikea or are willing to swing by to pick up a table and chairs, It would help make our dream a reality. Here is the Sign Up Genius. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d48a8a729abfe3-core
- DVIA has a dress code. Here is a link to a refresher if needed
- Robin will be teaching math every day after lunch to your student.